Through-the-roof housing prices (房价) is one of China’s hottest topics. Recently, Ren Zhiqiang (任志强) a property developer (开放商) who is big user of Sina microblog (新浪微博), angered a lot of people by blogging “Is there any country in history that has managed to grow its economy stably after a property bust?” As many property owners […]
China Wangre (中国网热) is a wide-ranging look at the latest digital news and trends from the world’s largest online population.
Beijing native Alice Liu follows what’s hot and how people in China are using mobile devices, traditional websites and social media to connect with each other and the rest of the world.
Fluent in Mandarin and English, Alice has written on technology issues in China for publications such as “The Guardian”, “The Huffington Post” and “Danwei.org”.
Wangre means “Net Hot” in Mandarin and was picked to convey our commitment to bring the latest developments from digital China.
- In Ferguson, Missouri Religious, Community Leaders Affect Change
- Protest Standoff Continues at Pakistan Parliament
- China Seeks Passengers' ID for Buying Bus Tickets in Xinjiang
- Psychiatrist Turns Spotlight on Mental Health of Children in Detention in Australia
- US ‘Appalled’ by American Journalist's Purported Beheading