This month, the Taiwanese-owned manufacturing factory Foxconn (富士康) was in the news again. At one of the company’s factories in Wuhan, more than 100 workers amassed on the roof and threatened suicide to protest poor working conditions. The corporation, responsible for manufacturing popular products such as the Apple (苹果) iPhone and the Amazon Kindle, saw […]
China Wangre (中国网热) is a wide-ranging look at the latest digital news and trends from the world’s largest online population.
Beijing native Alice Liu follows what’s hot and how people in China are using mobile devices, traditional websites and social media to connect with each other and the rest of the world.
Fluent in Mandarin and English, Alice has written on technology issues in China for publications such as “The Guardian”, “The Huffington Post” and “Danwei.org”.
Wangre means “Net Hot” in Mandarin and was picked to convey our commitment to bring the latest developments from digital China.
- Probe Concludes Missile that Downed Jetliner Over Ukraine Came From Russia
- US Congress Overrides Obama Veto of 9/11 Bill
- Victims' Relatives Expected Evidence of Russia's Involvement in Malaysian Plane Crash
- New Laws, Rulings Could Cause Election Day Confusion
- Peace in Colombia Opens Door to Aid, Investment, US Official Says