Since a small bus carrying 62 children crashed into a coal truck in Gansu province (甘肃), killing 18 children and 2 adults last week, Chinese microblogs have erupted with tens of thousands of angry posts. The bus was only a nine-seater and was severely overcrowded at the time of the accident (甘肃校车事故). The Xinhua news agency […]
China Wangre (中国网热) is a wide-ranging look at the latest digital news and trends from the world’s largest online population.
Beijing native Alice Liu follows what’s hot and how people in China are using mobile devices, traditional websites and social media to connect with each other and the rest of the world.
Fluent in Mandarin and English, Alice has written on technology issues in China for publications such as “The Guardian”, “The Huffington Post” and “Danwei.org”.
Wangre means “Net Hot” in Mandarin and was picked to convey our commitment to bring the latest developments from digital China.
- Liberia's Ebola Widows Struggle to Provide for Their Families
- USOC: US Athletes Should Stay Home if Worried About Zika Virus
- Surrounded by Diamonds, Villagers Go Hungry in Drought-hit Zimbabwe
- Australian Woman Freed by al-Qaida Says Her Husband Is Still Alive
- Turkey, West in Standoff Over Syrian Refugees