In a country where TV and radio are so popular, mobile phone is now a new means to bring news to Cambodians nationwide. Nearly 60 percent of the population of 14 million are mobile phone users, according to a recent report from BuddeComm, a telecommunications research company. That’s a major jump, from around 690,000 (with […]
Bun Tharum is a freelance journalist, blogger, and digital media specialist. Blogging since 2005, he’s been a contributing-writer for Global Voices Online, Asian Correspondent, and several other print publications. His main interests are information and communication technologies for development and online media. Tharum’s base is Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s largest capital city.
- The Fall of Phnom Penh, April 17, 1975
- Filmmaker Looks Back on Career Before Khmer Rouge Takeover
- Author Refuses To Let Bitterness Toward Khmer Rouge Take Control
- Opposition Prepares for Anniversary Ceremony Outside ‘Killing Fields’
- The Year Before Zero: Dean’s Controlled Solution - Reflections on the Future