In a country where TV and radio are so popular, mobile phone is now a new means to bring news to Cambodians nationwide. Nearly 60 percent of the population of 14 million are mobile phone users, according to a recent report from BuddeComm, a telecommunications research company. That’s a major jump, from around 690,000 (with […]
Bun Tharum is a freelance journalist, blogger, and digital media specialist. Blogging since 2005, he’s been a contributing-writer for Global Voices Online, Asian Correspondent, and several other print publications. His main interests are information and communication technologies for development and online media. Tharum’s base is Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s largest capital city.
- After Long Negotiations, Garment Sector Minimum Wage Raised to $153
- Carter: US-Philippines Military Relationship ‘Ironclad’
- Thailand Cracks Down on Migrant Workers as Anti-immigration Feelings Rise
- Myanmar Leader Suu Kyi Returns to Capital after Illness
- Report Reveals Trauma Faced By Female Land Dispute Victims