The Scimitar-horned Oryx no longer lives in the African desert. It is considered extinct in the wild. But this lovely-looking Ungulate hasn’t been completely wiped out because they can still be found at zoos around the world. It’s just one example of a new role that zoos have taken on: preserving endangered wildlife. With […]
The health of the environment is a concern to everyone, regardless of country, income or political viewpoint. In this blog, we’ll explore all aspects of the environment – its biggest challenges and what people are doing to help resolve issues like land and water use, pollution and deforestation. We’ll also highlight new technologies that could one day help alleviate many of the environmental problems the world is facing. We welcome your comments and hope you’ll join in the conversation on Living Green.
- Kurdish Teachers' Arrests Heighten Concerns About Turkey's Emergency Rule
- Egypt's Sissi Promises More Jobs to Deter Perilous Migration to Europe
- Viola Davis Describes Becoming Rape Foundation Advocate
- Saudi Arabia Slashes Ministers' Pay, Cuts Public Sector Bonuses
- History of Slavery in NY Examined Through Runaways Notices