The Scimitar-horned Oryx no longer lives in the African desert. It is considered extinct in the wild. But this lovely-looking Ungulate hasn’t been completely wiped out because they can still be found at zoos around the world. It’s just one example of a new role that zoos have taken on: preserving endangered wildlife. With […]
The health of the environment is a concern to everyone, regardless of country, income or political viewpoint. In this blog, we’ll explore all aspects of the environment – its biggest challenges and what people are doing to help resolve issues like land and water use, pollution and deforestation. We’ll also highlight new technologies that could one day help alleviate many of the environmental problems the world is facing. We welcome your comments and hope you’ll join in the conversation on Living Green.
- Growing Asian-American Community Could Influence US Elections
- Gambia Opposition Seeks International Help After Leader Denied Bail
- India's Tobacco Industry, Farmers Resist Warnings on Cigarettes
- Japan Seeks to Boost Role in ASEAN, Challenge China's Growing Influence
- More Than 70 Dead in Syria After Jihadists Retake Syrian Village Near Aleppo