Do you ever wish you could take a pill that would erase a really traumatic memory or at least help take the emotional pain away?
A recent study suggests researchers might be on to something like that.
On the “Science World” radio program this weekend, we talk with the study’s lead author, Marie-France Marin.
She tells us that metyrapone doesn’t actually eliminate the memory, but it does reduce the brain’s ability to re-record the negative emotions associated with bad memories.
Listen to the interview here…
Other stories we cover on the “Science World” radio program this week include:
- A somber anniversary as AIDS hits the 30-year mark
- World health experts now say cell phones might cause cancer
- China rejects Google claims that hackers in that country spied on email accounts
- How technology is helping to improve access to health care in Senegal
- Who would win a chess match in an Earth versus Space contest