AU Awaits Mbeki Report The long term success of an oil and security deal between Sudan and South Sudan could depend on the much disputed Abyei border region. That’s why Princeton Lyman, the U.S. Special Envoy for Sudan and South Sudan, says Abyei’s exclusion from the agreement between presidents Omar al-Bashir and Salva Kiir is […]
Scott Stearns is VOA’s State Department correspondent. He has worked as VOA’s Dakar Bureau Chief, White House correspondent, and Nairobi Bureau Chief since beginning his career as a freelance reporter in the Liberian civil war. He has written for the BBC, UPI, the Associated Press, The Jerusalem Post, and The Economist. Scott has a Bachelors and Masters in Journalism from Northwestern University.
- German Police Search for Clues to Germanwings Crash
- Aquino Urges Congress to Push Ahead with Muslim Autonomous Region
- DOJ: Illinois National Guard Soldier Tried to Join ISIS
- US Senate Passes Budget, Setting Up Fight With Obama
- Chinese South China Sea Reclamation Projects Hamper Philippines, Others’ Claims
- Uncategorized (34)