Concern About Broader Autonomy Undermines Support for Uprising Kurdish reluctance is frustrating efforts by opponents of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to form some kind of transitional administration that could win support from foreign governments. Syrian Kurds have walked out on several attempts to form a unified opposition, complaining that expatriate politicians don’t adequately recognize […]
Scott Stearns is VOA’s State Department correspondent. He has worked as VOA’s Dakar Bureau Chief, White House correspondent, and Nairobi Bureau Chief since beginning his career as a freelance reporter in the Liberian civil war. He has written for the BBC, UPI, the Associated Press, The Jerusalem Post, and The Economist. Scott has a Bachelors and Masters in Journalism from Northwestern University.
- Pakistan's President Urges Nation Not to Celebrate Valentine's Day
- Al-Shabab Claims Responsibility for Somali Plane Bomb
- South Sudan Officials Urge Former VP to Stick to Peace Agreement
- More than 5,000 Pregnant Colombian Women Infected With Zika Virus
- South Sudan Rebel Leader Says he Will Take up VP position
- Uncategorized (34)