Today’s Tech Sightings:
The latest long-awaited installment in the Star Wars science fiction saga hits U.S. theaters December 18. The movie – Star Wars: The Force Awakens – comes with an array of futuristic technologies that have their origins in existing technologies or have equivalents in the real world. PC World offers a look at Star Wars technologies and the science behind them.
A Brazilian judge has ordered that a suspension on popular messaging application WhatsApp be lifted immediately. Brazil earlier suspended the service for 48 hours after the company, which is owned by Facebook, failed to comply with a request to provide information relating to a criminal case.
- Everything You Need to Know About the Hidden Internet
- The European Union Pushes New Data Protection Laws
- Hands-on With Microsoft’s HoloLens, One Year Later
- Now Windows 10 Edge, Internet Explorer Can Block Zero-day Web Attacks
- Facebook Launches Instant Articles on Android
- Mozilla Releases Firefox 64-bit for Windows