Today’s Tech Sightings:
A new report from Forrester Research expresses alarm that the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem has glossed over user security while focusing on analytics and growth. The research, based on 27 companies, says security standards are still non-existent and integration issues between various devices and platforms remain an issue.
Marvin Minsky created and advanced artificial intelligence, inventing the first neural network learning machine. He co-founded the MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab in 1959 and created some of the earliest robotic hands with tactile sensors. His name may not be as familiar as some computer pioneers, but his influence is undeniable.
Sony’s PlayStation video game business is moving to San Mateo, California on April 1 and will be renamed Sony Interactive Entertainment. The new group will also include Sony Network Entertainment International, which deals with the online features of PlayStation. The move reflects the growing importance of the U.S. video game market in driving PlayStation 4 sales.
- App Designed for Children With Autism Lets You Track Kids With One Click
- Activists Target Yahoo Over Links to Ivory Trade
- Tech Revolution Could Change (or Erase) Your Job by 2020
- Google Sends $5.3 Million of Chromebooks to Syrian Refugees
- Lenovo Used Third ‘Worst Password’ in File-sharing Backdoor Flaw
- Robot Solves Rubik’s Cube in Under 2 Seconds