Today’s Tech Sightings:
Apple’s earnings report shows iPhone sales declining. But CEO Tim Cook’s also conceded while addressing the report that one of the reasons for the decline is Apple’s policy of charging the highest possible prices to protect record-breaking profits even as entire economies experience “extreme conditions.”
Blogging platform Medium has been blocked in Malaysia. The country’s Communications and Multimedia Commission made the move after Medium refused to take down a post that allegedly contained false information about Malaysia’s Prime Minister Najib Razak.
Mozilla says the new version of its Firefox Internet browser gives users the option of allowing websites to provide push notifications even when they are not loaded. The notifications might be useful for people tracking the weather or the stock market.
- Giant DDoS Attacks Are Now Hitting 500Gbps as Criminals Flex Muscles
- Chrome’s Latest Tool Checks Your Website’s Security
- Apple Sees First Sales Dip in More Than a Decade as Super-growth Era Fizzles
- Facebook Readies a Network for Virtual Reality
- Voice, Video Calls Could Be Coming Soon to Snapchat
- Mac, iOS Versions of Safari Crashing Due to Search Suggestions Feature