Today’s Tech Sightings:
Robots are slowly taking up support roles to care for the elderly, chat with children, or navigate a driverless car, to name a few functions. But so far, many questions surrounding the safety of these assistants remain unanswered. Massachusetts Institute of Technology Professor Emeritus Thomas Sheridan believes the time has come to examine challenges surrounding human-robot interaction.
A financial Trojan named GozNym that launched a campaign against U.S. banks earlier this month is now targeting financial institutions in Europe. IBM’s X-Force security team reports the malware is now targeting up to 17 Polish banks, one in Portugal, and several corporations.
PC sales have been dropping over the past few years, with no end in sight. To avoid absolute extinction, writer Adrian Kingsley urges PC manufacturers to assess the landscape and take a more innovative approach to lure customers back to new, more affordable PCs for Windows 10.
- Risks to Women Spur Mobile-Phone Panic Button Rule in India
- High-tech Gloves Turn Sign Language Into Speech
- Why Is the PC Industry Trying to Kill the PC?
- Security Firms Raise Concerns About Cruz, Kasich Apps
- Spotify Credentials Appear Online as Users Report Accounts Hacked
- SWIFT Warns Customers of Multiple Cyber Fraud Cases
- German Smartphone Users Get Traffic Lights on Sidewalks