Today’s Tech Sightings:
Technology is changing everything we do, and that could soon include the way you shop at the grocery store next door, if Amazon has its way. The company is testing Amazon Go, cashier-free stores that use apps and cameras to keep track of what people buy in Seattle, Washington. Customers pick up what they need and Amazon charges their accounts and sends them a receipt as they leave the store. Still in its beta version, the store serves as an early indication of where grocery shopping is going in the days ahead.
Researchers at cybersecurity firm Malwarebytes warn that criminals pretending to belong to Microsoft’s ‘Security Office’ are sending out fake emails loaded with the Neutrino bot malware. The scam tells recipients that a virus infected their bank accounts, leading to suspicious activity. Users who fall for this end up with the malware stealing their data and using their computer as a command center to launch Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, among other nasty business.
Google Classroom is adding updates and new features to maximize classroom experience for both teachers and students. Beginning this week, teachers will be able to assign work to their students based on their individual needs. The ‘differentiated learning’ approach helps teachers pay more attention to individuals who need it and discretely assign them more practice time for challenging material.
- Obama’s Right: Social media Has Damaged US Democracy
- Alphabet Grounds Titan Solar-powered Drones, Shifts to Project Loon Instead
- EU Says US Explanation of Yahoo Email Scanning Not Enough
- 6 Ways Amazon Is Trying to Win Friends and Influence Governments in Europe
- Facebook Is Working on a Way to Read Brain Waves, Send Thoughts to People
- Hackers Can Steal Your Fingerprints From a Photo?
- How to Quickly Check That Your Home IoT Devices Are Secure
- How to Set Up Your Android Phone for Ultimate Privacy
- Opera Launches Neon, a New Experimental Desktop Browser
- Samsung Foldable Phone Could Become Reality This Year, Finally